Friday, January 01, 2010

I remember how I always wanted to play this on the harmonica outside Ann's dorm.

Listening to this, I know I still do.

2009 has been a strange year thus far.

I started out being plagued with a series of bad luck. It's all in the archives - but in a nutshell, EVERYTHING was going wrong. And I probably wouldn't be able to survive that without the support of friends and a good girlfriend.

FYP happened as well. And it had to take place together with GMS. Tackling both was shit especially with the stress of the final exams. And once again, HUGE credit goes to the one who stood by me through that struggle.

Then came America. I wasn't even looking forward to it to begin with. Well, I was excited about leaving the country and all but I didn't know what to expect. Especially not something as amazing as what I had.

And it started out bad. Hiccups one after another. But these hiccups turned out to be blessings in disguise.

Met and made friends with a bunch of people from around the world. Bonded with pretty much everyone.. ESPECIALLY the 4 of them. Followed my heart for once. Got myself a sister of sort. Earned myself a couple of godparents. Saw the other side of the Taiwanese girls. Had a taste of how an ang moh's fart smelt like. Laughed in the face of a friend-gone-wrong friend. Went insane with ALL of them. Followed my heart again. Experienced the best kind of laughter. Cried through the worst kind of goodbyes. Seen the most unexplainable kind of bond.

... I miss them all; I miss them 4.

Alas, I changed again this year. Disappointed millions of people, got confused as to who I am, and had my attention narrowed down to being self-sustaining. If you know of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, I probably went up the pyramid.. by dropping off all the others below.

I became selfish.

I owe huge amounts of apologies to millions of people. I owe it especially to one particular person.

But I also wanna give thanks to billions more this new year. To that same person, to Xie, to the same sec sch clique, to the jc clique, to the uni ones - that means you too mari.

and to my worldwide allies. they know who they are.

Helluva 2009 I'd say.

Happy New Year folks.
And for Auld Lang Syne my friends.

No comments: