Friday, January 15, 2010

I really should learn to stop singing when I'm alone in the gym.

Was completely immersed in my make-believe performance whilst lifting weights today so I sang ( not so silently ) to the tune of "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" alongside U2. Afterall, it was 915pm and there was nobody in there with me. Seems like a good time to let my guard down no?

so I went..

.. these city walls.
Only to be with you..

But I stilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll haven't founnnddd what I'm.....

then I felt cold air on my right so I looked over.

ZOMG!
A lady was standing by the doorway staring at me - with her mouth open!

The place closes at 10! Who the hell starts working out 45 mins before?!

I can't even describe how embarrassed I was. But whichever the case, something had to be done to ease the awkwardness - so I did the next smartest thing: smile, stare at the floor, let a completely silent moment float by before humming out loudly the remaining parts of the song.

Might as well end it in style right? ( In my mind though, I was actually planning the best and swiftest way to exit the gym. )

So I finished up with that set and was about ready to pack up when the radio started playing "I turn to you" and surprise surprise..

besides Christina Aguilera's, I hear another person's voice too.

Turns out that same lady was part-singing; part-humming as well! hahaha.

Looks like I can be pretty influential myself!

No comments: