Saturday, November 18, 2006

Walking down the other side of the road.


Only two days into the exams and i'm behaving like it's already the last.

It's 6:30 am now and the 5 of us are gathered in my room waiting for steven to come back with sup-fast ( supper cum breakfast.) This is a real sinful sight. Earlier on, we went to jp's pizza hut to eat somemore. In what way do we look any prepared for exams?

sigh..

2 more papers, 2 more weeks to go. It'll be over soon. It'll be over soooon.

There's a new bus route out for the exams weeks. A and B are taken off and bus D will be running the opposite direction of C. It was my first time travelling that direction yesterday and i realised there were many things on the other side of the road that i didn't notice before.

And it struck me.

I guess that's what we have to do with life too. Sometimes, instead of sterotyping certain things, we should stop, take a break and walk the other direction. It might be surprising to see things we overlooked while getting comfortable with the old, usual one.

Take a break, smell the roses.

Friends plays an important part in one's lives. Some have good, solid friends who shared joys and woes. Some have many friends who happen to cross each other's path at certain point of each's journey. I am lucky. I have both.

We were talking about lotsa kok ( As usual ) earlier upstairs. Unknowingly, the topic of death came into the picture and we spoke quite detailed-ly of funeral procedures, how it was to see a coffin being pushed into the flames, how it was to collect the ashes. Ashes. After struggling with life, that is what we're all going to be reduced to. And, i thought of Jin and dad.

Its been years. Too many yrs.

Reflection mood back on.

I pictured many people being burned after dying. I pictured some people who were important to me.

Someone nice told me recently, " forgive and forget. "

i'm trying and i should.

a'right, the sky's bright, the food's eaten.

It's time to zzz and get fat.

Goodnight everyone.

I am warning you, Javert.

I'm a stronger man by far.

There is power in me yet,

my race is not yet run!

No comments: