Friday, October 23, 2009

Just weeks ago, I was so fired up and convinced that I won't allow myself to be just another corporate slave. That I will find a job that I love and not a job that I need. That something big is waiting for me out there.

But it suddenly dawned on me today that I've been sending out resumes to places I've never even imagined myself in before. And this realization makes me feel like I've eroded my principles ( or what little of them I have ) in order to survive in this world.

It IS tough doing what you want to do. It is tough when the opportunities comes out at the wrong time and when hardly anyone around you seems to have that faith that it's gonna happen.

Yea sure, friends and sometimes, family will always be there to give that support. But how many truly believes that it is possible? I dare say 90% of the people who have heard my usual speech thinks that i'm living in an unrealistic realm.

And they are absolutely right.

We need money. We need fame. We need acknowledgements. That's business. " Money is not the most important thing in the world. But money can help you get many things. " That's what mother always says. And I see what she means.

Money hasn't been so important to me before. But it is now. I've reached the point in my life where I have to break out and be independent. And much as I hate to admit it, we need the cash to break free. At least enough to get us somewhere.

But living the dream ain't that easy. Sometimes I really do feel like giving up. And I think I might have slipped up a lil' here and there along the way.

But right at the point where I was about to give up hope, I accidentally stumbled upon an old CD of mine which had tons of oldies that dad used to listen to.

Maybe that's his lil' sign of encouragement. Right there.

Nothing is impossible.

No comments: