Thursday, October 22, 2009

I like turning off all the lights in the room and blasting Matsuri on stereo.
The rustic asian tribal feel to it totally gets me going.

So the day started out pretty badly today.
I woke up with emotions i didn't wanna face and stumbled upon things I shouldn't see.
Somehow, I just wanted to like dig a hole somewhere and meditate, or wallow in self-pity or just look plain stupid. The dog in me must have been taking over then.

Whichever the case, I felt ( or feel ) extremely vexed and really needed to be alone. But even after spending a great deal of time at Estella, something was still weighing at the back of my mind and it was starting to irritate the hell outta me.

So by dinner time, I wasn't really interested in meeting Emily and KS at Ikea anymore but I was too lazy to call in and cancel on them. After all, it would be my virgin trip to Tampines's Ikea and I have been putting it off for a long time now. The frustrating part was, however, how I was, for less-than-5-times in my life, earlier than them. And as the minutes ticked by, my patience were running thinner and thinner and my temper was increasing bit by bit. What's more, I was really hungry and you know how a hungry man is an angry man. Makes me wonder how they could have spent so much time waiting for me in the past. Thank god I had my good ol' ipod with me and that helped soothe me ALOT.

But ultimately, I was glad I didn't cancel on today.

The Ikea trip was an ordinary trip.. nothing special but it was a pretty good breather for me. Lately, I've always felt like my body's on an auto-pilot mode so a change in environment, even if it was a temporary one like this, helped.

As we were strolling down the aisles, we stumbled upon this show room that was meant for a single occupant. The room wasn't big.. only 22 sq. metre but it was beautiful - An ideal size for a man and perhaps, it's dog or cat.

That's what Ikea does to you, doesn't it? It starts turning the wheels in your head and makes you want so much to own your own apartment quickly. I reckon that a room that size, or maybe even smaller would be perfect for me but.. money money money, always funny, in a rich man's world.

Anyways, the 3 of us have been spending farrr too much time together this week. I can safely say we haven't gone for more than 2 days without seeing each other. And it does come as a shock because Emily and I weren't exactly buddy-buddy material to begin with. Not that we are now either but I'm glad that things are the way they are. Not close enough to confide in them; but close enough to spend time together without having awkward moments.

There are many times in life where we look back and regret not cherishing those moments. I know i should start treasuring my time now before I find a job, look back and regret not enjoying my unemployed life. But still, somewhere in me, I know bigger things are waiting for me out there. And i'm totally wasting my time not pursuing them.

But then again, you gotta be rich to be crazy, right?

On a lighter note, Sharen and Evelyn ( Taiwanese girls i met at ynp ) sent me postcards from NYC and it arrived today. Totally made my day. :)

Sidenote: Old faithful closed for the season yesterday.

Oh why don't you just take me where I've never been before.






No comments: