Tuesday, December 26, 2006

So this is christmas.

I woke up this afternoon with the same feeling i had last yr - cold, confused, lazy to think.

The Straits Times reported yesterday that christmas is the hardest time for single woman. I initially took the article as nothing...until i left home. At the MRT station, i suddenly thought of mother. She has nobody to celebrate christmas with. She's so alone. So i messaged both my brothers to find out if they'll be home. None answered. As such, i went for dinner with 52-ers in a foul mood. i was so ready to leave early to spend time with mother.

I talked kok.
I only returned home at 6 am. After the entirely family, including fender no. 1, was soundly asleep. HAHAHA.

this was what happened:

A total of 14 of us feasted at 'simply paranakan' @ esplanade. It has been exactly 365 days since i last stepped into esplanade and i'm sad to say, except for the art pieces on the stretch of road from citylink to esplanade, everythingelse was pretty much the same.

After dinner, we walked to the merlion, stoned for like forever before they decided to catch a movie. I heard they were eyeing 'curse of the golden flower' or 'night at the museum'. Since i wasn't interested in the former, have watched the latter and told 3sa and hush that i'll show my face at christmas@orchard, I left the group and headed to the smelly, sticky and cramped up town ALONE.

After squeezing through the mob and surviving the snow spray attacks, i finally found the stage and the council with it. It was roughly 5 songs till the actual countdown. So i waited.... and waited.

5...4...3...2...1.
The crowd went amok.
So did the banglahs.

They gathered together and started swaying and pushing. I think the emcee was shocked herself. So many people nearly fell. So many threw their tantrums and started yelling. At least one girl got molested. And i witnessed it.

She was right in front of me. Cramped, surrounded and stuck in between banglahs. She looked 16-ish and was using both her hands to protect her front, leaving her back vulnerable. While everyone was getting sweaty and dirty, i heard her yell, " Stop touching my body! "

I guess since i was standing right next to her and am physically short, i was the only one who heard her yell. When i turned about to check out the commotion, i saw a plump blanglah ( i think this is the first time i see a fat banglah. ), who was pinned to her back, reaching out for her ass.

I grabbed his hands immediately and shouted up at him, " what are you trying to do?! "

The cheek of him to giggle, shrug in that psychotic, dirty manner and say, " i dono " whilst trying to squeeze outta my grip. Given his really greasy, DISGUSTING hand, he broke free and turned into the faster flowing opposite direction crowd.

I'm an ugly singaporean. I didn't give chase.

Instead, i asked the girl if she was alright. She cried and shaked her head in the neither-yes-nor-no way. I didn't know what else to say so after a few seconds of awkward silences, she rushed up into a pack of ppl. My guess is she was separated from her friends before she got stuck in b/w the banglahs so she ran back to em.

I bet she'll never show her face at anymore countdowns for a long long time.


Amist the scene, childish teenagers, roughly my age or maybe even older were spraying tons and tons of snow foam things. One guy who i'm sure was way older than me even had a bag full of em. I thought they were banned! Well, Singapore should. At least restrict e no. of cans sold. if they can ban harmless chewing gums, i don't see why they should allow such stuffs. To create the atmosphere? It wasn't helping. They just looked like a bunch of oversized kids.

Anyway, after the countdown, i headed back to meet 52-ers. We went ECP to...catch up with one another. Spent hours there. By the time we reached geylang for supper, it was roughly 4 am.

Dim sum for supper. So much for losing weight ; so much for saving money.

I shall go for a swim then.





I've been talking alot haven't i?
oh well...................................


Merry Christmas all!

Last christmas, i gave you my heart.
But the very next day,
you gave it away.

No comments: