Sunday, December 24, 2006

Hell, i'm changing to blogger beta soon. muahaha.

First and foremost, Thanks for the shirt, kl. I like it. Saved me some new year money somemore. hahaha. :)

I think the older generations forgot what christmas is about. Year after year, i see everyone giving each other ang baos. This yr, it's worst. My mother and a family friend agreed not to exchange gifts coz it's a waste of money. In the end, they gave our family an unfried packet of cashew nuts. -_-'''

i'm not saying this because i want presents. Afterall, more often than not, my family always gets me things their ideal yvonne should be using. i'm an unfilial, unappreciative person. i know. haha..

it's ok to give my family nothing coz we're the grown-up cousins/nephews/niece/children but i'm talking about the joy the kids have on their faces when they receive wrapped up gifts and start ripping the wrappers apart. ( even more reason why we should never buy wrapping paper from 'Prints'.) Imagine how they'ld feel when they realise that the gifts they got are the things they want/like. Of course, this joy is now killed since everyone is placing a quota on how much our presents for the kids should be.
if i were a rich man..

Unfortunately, i'm not in the mood to do the gift-hunting this yr so alvin had to do it instead.

I guess parents sees christmas as a time to unnecessarily spend more money. Not entirely untrue but look at the bigger picture - although definitely the cause of headaches, gift hunting is fun. Especially when u're doing it with the right people. And it's not good to always give ang baos to kids on EVERY occassion or they'll grow up to be a money-minded, festives-means-nothing-but-money people.

Still, i must give credit to the adults for planning so many family gatherings this yr. I'm sorry i never make it for most of em. I do feel bad. :(

done with talking kok, lets talk abt today.

Today was a great day!
Went to PW and did some painting with hush. My mind was kinda off-focused but it was fun on the whole. After we finished, we went shopping for her family's gift. She's hilarious. Remind me again that she's a grown up alrdy. i always have the notion that she's still the lil girl who just stepped into gvss. hahaha...

ice-skating next! =)

check out Joe Satriani's crowd chant. Very nice.


Vindicated.
I am selfish.
I am wrong.
I am right.
I swear i'm right.
Swear i knew it all along.
And i am flawed.
But i am cleaning up so well.
I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself.


Oh great, it's christmas eve already..

No comments: