Monday, January 01, 2007

In a couple of hours time, i'm gonna hit the yr that makes me 20.

gosh..i'm so old now.

i'm still suffering frm lack of zzz from sjab retreat so i'll try getting my point across in the most lor soh way here.

2006 hasn't exactly been my best yr. Trouble came knocking on my door one after another. Some experiences were so 'amazing', i think i can actually make a movie outta it.

But it isn't THAT bad either..coz i think i made the most friends in 2006. Unfortuately, Some friends ran away when problems starting piling. Some disappeared. but those are just a minority. I found many more. Some helped me through the various difficult times. Some saw most of my unglam sides. Some changed my perspectives of things. Some will no matter what, see that the world is good. I also found and hopefully, kept a friend which stood by me through ALL my shit. ( i'm not gonna say ur name lest ur head swells again. haha.. )

Apart from the friends i made, i had more freedom from home this yr. i've never been to so many camps in a yr before, despite gvsc being notorious for the amt of camps they have. I got to night cycle THREE times, i had the chance to spend almost 2-3 full days out at sea alone in my canoe, i get to see how the '05 batch of canoeist grow and excel, i get to see many many netball matches, i get to know more about the teaching experience in gvss. And so many more!

Sad to say, i've become selfish in 2006 too. I've been so absorbed in settling my own rubbish that i wasn't there for many. I haven't been sensitive to the feelings of others or to make sure that i was there when they needed me.

Thank you all who made an impact, regardless big or small, in my life. i'll try to be more ard in time to come. =)

In 2007, i hope i change.
That i become less selfish.
That i abort N.A.T.O.
That i mean what i say, say what i mean.
That i dare to be different.
That i frisk less.

In 2007, i want to grow.
At the same time, i want to take a step back, I want to take a slow walk and smell the roses.

2007 will be better.

A'right all, gonna meet the '05 canoeists alrdy..

Happy new yr! :)





No comments: