Thursday, October 19, 2006

Something's not quite right.
And i can't seem to point out what it is..
no, i don't think it's you anymore.
Something strong's trapped inside this pathetic mind.
Something which is aching to escape and seek what it seeks.

Every man puts on a mask.
And as we grow older, these mask grows thicker.
this mask is so powerful, it convinces even the man behind it himself.
But what good is a world with no truth?
What good is a place where everyone hides and lies?
Whatever happened to trust?
Why must we doubt?
Why must we lie?
Where did purity and niave-ness disappear to as we become wiser?
So many questions.

Funny that as man gain knowledge, they actually become stupid-er.
How hypocritical.

If only i have the money to travel out now...
Out to a place where poverty reigns.
Where simplicity triumphs.
I wanna go there and do my social work.
I wanna do nothing but fulfill the purpose of man.
I wanna get down and dirty, experiencing the true essence of life.
I wanna realise my dream again and again and again.
And as i do so, maybe i'll be more contented with what i am.
And not lament on what a loser this soul has become.

It's only when you make others smile can you smile with glow.

stop 'frisking', yvonne!

I guess psycho's really getting on to me.

Big apology to cecilia, wendy and jia yun. I really can't help tml. Head's killing me now.

So i leave with this tonight..


Sound the bugle now - play it just for me.
As the seasons change - remember how I used to be.

Now I can't go on - I can't even start.
I've got nothing left - just an empty heart.

I'm a soldier - wounded so I must give up the fight.
There's nothing more for me - lead me away...
Or leave me lying here

Sound the bugle now - tell them I don't care.
There's not a road I know - that leads to anywhere.

Without a light - i fear that i will stumble in the dark.
Lay right down - decide not to go on.

Then from up high - somewhere in the distance,
There's a voice that calls - remember who you are.
If you lose yourself - your courage soon will follow.

So be strong tonight -
remember who you are.

No comments: