Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Eat.Pray.Love.

When I was all alone at yellowstone during the initial stages, Becky, our head chef who has been looking out for me since day one lent me her tv, a couple of good movies and the book, eat.pray.love.

I remember seeing that title in the bookstores in Singapore before so I showed special interest in it. Unfortunately before I could finish the book, Ken, matej, kate and Kelsey happened. Although I never did touch the book again, I've always felt the urge to buy it when I see it in the local bookstores. So imagine the excitement I had when I learned about the movie. Especially with Julia Roberts in it.

A couple of days back, I was battling with my down emotions again. I began asking alot of questions whose answers I couldn't receive. I vividly remember sitting on the bench by the playground asking him to appear again - just like the good ol' days at old faithful. He didnt have to give me answers. All he had to do was seat. But alas, I couldn't feel him/them. Despite the many days; albeit the many hours, he was a no-show. Together with her. I was worried, I was troubled, I was angry, confused, sad. I didn't even know how to pseudo pray anymore. So I panicked and text pl: I'm in trouble.

3 words.

The same 3 words that started the movie.

It felt like a miracle. A sign that was reinforced every now and then with the same quotes KS told me just hours before.

Eat.pray.love was like the answer to my many questions. Well not exactly answers but again, a sign that I'm not the only confused soul. It carried lotsa words that worked like inspirations to me. I proabably will never be as gung-ho as the character but hell, it's always better to imagine than to be confused all the time.

At the very least, it brought about some form of comfort for that 2.5 hrs.

No comments: