Monday, March 15, 2010

POTO is great not only for its songs, but also for the nostalgia that comes with the memories of Yellowstone.

These are the tunes that put me to zzz almost every night, the tunes I listen to whenever possible or the ones I hum to whilst in the kitchen with Orval and Matej.

These are the songs that I sing when I do my laundry on cold afternoons. My off-days were practically dedicated to POTO while I ponder if I should've gone to the store to visit Kelsey, or Mara or Karolina or Agata. It is the song that rings in my head when I caved and stole quick glances.

These were the songs I made Jasmine stop to listen to on the streets of Las Vegas where she refused to watch the play with me. The songs I listened to so earnestly when we were slacking in 'Terribles Hotel Room'.

I sang, I hummed, I even opera-ed them. And while everyone is getting quite irritated by my renditions, I never grew sick of them.

POTO reminds me of how cold the air was when we crossed over for lunch/dinner at the EDR. It reminds of how cold it may get at night or the little times I felt lonely. But more often than not, it brings back the warmth I also felt the bulk of the time I was there.

And on days as gloomy as today, POTO will once again bring me that warmth.. solitude becomes less of a cold lonely night when the voice of the phantom rages within.

No comments: